• Watch Our Very Own HIV Awareness Advertisement Produced By Me And My Team
  • Sunday, May 18, 2008

    Destiny or 'Des-So-Tiny'?

    Remember when we were kids, we used to have big ambitions and dreams?

    "Mommy! Mommy! I want to be a doctor!"

    "Daddy! Daddy! I want to be a soldier!"

    "Grandma! Grandma! I wan to be superman!"
    *Kid climb up the stairs*

    "Look grandma, I can fly!"
    *Jumps*

    "No!!"
    *Grandma fainted*

    I'm sure you guys know what am I talking about rite?

    Kids have big ambitions, because they have no fear of what they wan to be, aren't afraid to say "I wan to be superman!", or even "when I grow up, I wan to get a pretty girlfriend!".

    Kids says the darnest things, but what is for sure, they said it 100% from their heart.

    As we grow older, our so call big ambitions and dreams are often suppressed by negative influence around us,

    So much so, sadly our dreams and ambitions disappear or forgotten behind our head.

    Wei Lee's(my income audit mentor) work place,
    its mine for the past week! :D


    Voices of people telling us that we are "naive", "stupid", "who you think you are", or worst still, "you can never succeed in living".

    Some might tell us, what we want has no future, and they often forced us to take a path which seems brighter in their sight, "you must be like this, I want you to do this and that".

    Tambah lagi, with thumbs up and a "sure boleh wan!" assurance.


    When we speak our mind and try to tell them as much as possible about what we really want and clearly know what we are doing, bombardments of saliva occurs.

    Without fail it happens, every single time when we bring up that topic...

    Sometimes they think that those petty experience they gain through the so call "hard life" they been through, and feel like they can control the world.

    I'm not saying that we are more or less greater then them, but the fact that they revere their experience so highly and using it as a force of "submit-fication", that truly annoys anyone.


    I dislike it when people say "The salt I eat in life are more then yours."

    I'm always so tempted to answer back, "yeah lucky you din eat too much, if not you would have die of dehydration."

    People always look at the salt, but they forget about the water. Logically, when you eat salt and have no water to flush it down, the feeling ain't very good rite?


    *Illustration moment*

    Salt = the experience, water = our ideology.

    Eat so much salt, but without the help of water to dilute and clear it? Your mouth can become the next dead sea already.

    Once water mixes with salt, they travel downwards together, hence creating a entire new fresh path, clearing it for the greater comfort.

    I hope you get the illustration.


    I'm trying to say both of each fraction should guide the other, no doubt they learn it the hard way, but time has changed, move on for goodness sake!

    Stop dwelling in the past! And whine about your misery to your younger generation, instead utilize the experience in guidance, not enslavement.

    We are democracy, not anarchy!


    The point is, I'm not typing a post of regret or anger, but encouragement to those who has lost their dreams and ambitions to negativity.

    We sometimes are led down by the ones whom we thought would understand us the most, but are we going to trap ourselves in misery and whine about it till the cow comes home?

    Its normal to feel angry, disappointed and even to cry, but let not this be a stumbling block, instead another stepping stone for us to leap even further.

    Strawberry something..

    I've got a friend, same age as me, he asked this question on Friday, before I proceed with the question, let me tell you more about him 1st,

    He is a really good singer, won quite a number of competitions before.

    But he has a stomach problem, he cant eat a lot of food, whatever he ate, during output time, the food that he ate looks exactly the same during he input it.

    Means, if he eats a banana, it comes out a banana, not "chocolate", and sometimes got extra "red toppings"(blood) also.. Blood lost occurs very often.

    Some chocolate thingy, cant remember the name... :P

    So his life spend wont be quite long, but not so soon la.

    He asked, "what if you could make a million bucks, but have no time to spend it because you cant live long?".

    I look at him and say, "I'll spend every darn cent I've earned if I were to know my time is coming, and quench every last bit of un-lived life out from myself, and live the best till the time comes."

    Last minute very big la now? You last minute easy,
    but I'll have to sweep your shit leh...


    Doesn't have to take death to make us realize, we have a choice, and we can make a decision if we choose to.

    Nor does it had to be our past which aid us all the time to find excuses and convince us that we are not able.

    "We are not defined by our past; we are prepared by our past."

    Kak Ying & I, have to photo shopped a shades on my eyes,
    because my eyes ain't that pretty in this photo...


    I'm still constantly trying my best to move forward, one step at a time.

    I know one day, I'll be looking back on award winning stage and say "to God be the gory!".

    Destiny or 'Des(thats)-So-Tiny'?

    We are the soul dictator of it all.

    No comments: