• Watch Our Very Own HIV Awareness Advertisement Produced By Me And My Team
  • Monday, December 8, 2008

    Pergi Ke Singapura Beramai-ramai

    ------------------------
    Whats On My Mind:

    I think I have to split my entry into another part
    due to the excessive amount of photos...

    I've never noticed I took so much of photos!! @.@
    ------------------------


    Absolutely sorry for the uber delayed update, I was distracted by certain task that I have to do.

    As promised, I'll be sharing my exploration experience during my duration of visit to Singapore on the 21st - 25th last November.


    A supposedly all expense paid trip(only have to pay RM 25) to Singapore turned out to be a bummer when the date clashes with my industrial training...

    Instead of following the schedule, which requires us to depart from Malaysia on the 19th, I went down few days later(21st) with another group of friends.

    Because of that, I had to fork out another RM 180 for my bus ticket.


    21 Nov - 6.30PM


    We departed from Sunway Pyramid via Aeroline bus service.

    Comfort level? I'll say 50:50..

    One thing for sure, the space is just soooooooooooo blardy small! My food tray slide towards me while I was eating, almost fell on my shirt!

    Good thing my hands were fast, if not I'll smell like Thai noodle all the way till I reach Singapore.


    5 long hours of ass bumping and leg cramming sessions in the bus, and finally!


    22nd Nov - 12am


    Singapore!

    Our drop off location was at Harbor Front.


    Thank goodness, my friend's(Alice) friend(I forgot his name) came to pick us up.


    To celebrate our arrival, I popped open a piece of gum.

    Well, its not illegal anymore rite? :D


    Cheers = 7-11 in Singapore

    I noticed that during the night in Singapore, every darn thing is dead!

    Shops are closed, less people at the streets and even cellphone prepaid cards are all sold out!

    The worst thing was, no fooooooooooooddddd to eat............ T.T


    Approx 1am


    Our local friend wanted to bring us for supper, to our horror, the food court was closed! After all the long walk!!!

    What the heck, Singaporeans don't eat at night wan meh.....?! *cries*

    The new plan was, we load our stuff at the hostel and then we find em some good yummy food later.

    But, I don't even know where I stay! I've been told the place I'm going to stay is 'Standfield Residence' at Vernon Park.


    Approx 1.40am

    Unlike Malaysian cabs, shockingly most of the drivers aren't really familiar with the roads, I told them "Standfield Residence, Vernon Park" and they scratched their head and say "har?".

    But I like their efficiency though, there are LOTS of cabs around even though it is pass midnight.

    As we approach the empty taxi stand, in just 3 minutes, 4 cabs came!!

    You don't even have to flag them down, they come by themselves!


    Once again we are in luck, my local friend sort of knew where the place was.

    It was quite troublesome because I'm the only one who was staying in a different lodging, all the others whom I came with were allocated in the same hostel, same room some more.

    Well, that is because they are all girls...

    'Standfield Residence'

    Heck, is ok... No problem, I don't mind the different arrangement.

    BUT what I mind was~

    They just so happen to place me in a lodging that is beside a cremation-cemetery(no I did not take a picture of that place -.-)

    And opposite a special armed forces military base(they call it 'gekhas' or something like that).

    "Welcome to Singapore, You shall now sleep beside
    the 'sleeping ones' for your duration of stay!" *grins*


    Approx 2.30am

    After all the unloading and settling down, its time to eat!

    Darn! I have to walk out to the main road to hail a cab, due to the secluded area of my lodging place, cabs rarely pass by.

    Shit! I have to walk pass the blardy cemitary in the middle of the night, I don't fancy that kind of sport...

    It seems that I have no choice.. I'll just have to brave through the cold brezzy air and the atmosphere of the creeping night silence.


    I took a brave step towards the entrance, ready to journey through the dark road ahead.

    As I step out of the gate, I saw....

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    A CAB DRIVER REVERSED HIS CAR TOWARDS THE FRONT GATE OF MY LODGING PLACE AS IF HE KNEW I WOULD COME!!!

    Darn, I so love Singaporean cabs now!!

    Efficiency = 150%++!!

    Approx 3am

    Anyway, we left to Aljunied for some food.


    But mother of all importance, communication!

    I got myself a 'Starhub' sim card at a 7-11 store.

    'Starhub' is the 'Digi' of Singapore, I was told most students used their service, because of its value for money.

    This I can testify, indeed it is very worth your cash.

    If you are planning to get a sincard when you visit Singapore, go for 'Starhub'!


    I tried this 'Pok Noodle', 'Pok' in this term means thin, so this is not 'mee babi'.

    Surprisingly its dry spicy taste makes this noodle quite good.

    Heck! Everything taste good when we are hungry!

    Approx 4am

    After much chatting and cultivating big eye bags, its time to hit the bed.

    Good morning Singapore!

    Approx 11am

    I did not follow the bus to the conference hall, how in the world anyone can wake up after sleeping so late at night?

    While I woke up around 11am, the the girls apperently woke up later then me!

    I decide to take a walk to their hostel area, which is 10 minutes walk from the place I stay.


    Bright morning sun and cooling breeze, just what I need to start a good day.


    Walking in this part of Singapore, I have a sudden feeling that I'm in some western country.


    I'm amazed of the much difference between the landscape and infrastructure of both Malaysia and Singapore.

    We are so close to each other, yet there is a very obvious difference, it takes a little observation to realize it.

    Of cost some parts are similar.


    Clear instructions telling the bus route.

    I'm sure no one will ever get lost here, its just too simple to understand!

    Our bus services have a lot of catching up to do...


    Heck! They even show you where will you most probably die!


    Morning walks are refreshing, especially after sleeping on a bed which are as hard as a rock.

    I made my way up to their hostels rooms,

    Girls will always be girls, I've waited in starvation for almost an hour++ before we head off to our next destination.


    The exploration begins... :)

    ~To be continue~

    No comments: